Hope all of you out there shoveling are paying extra attention to prevent back/shoulder injury from shoveling the heavy snow.
Hire someone with snow blower to do the job will be great! But if you like to treat the snowy day as extra work out time, here are few tips for preventing snow shoveling injury:
- Put off the shoveling until afternoon. Many disc injuries occur in the morning when there is increased fluid pressure in the disc.
- Limber up! Warm up before shoveling. Get those muscles ready for the heavy duty work.
- Wear a pair of shoes with good tread. No slipping, no fall, no breaking bones!
- Lifting small amount of snow with frequent trips. Your back will thank you for it.
- Bend your knees, not your back when lifting.
- Avoiding twisting.
- Frequent breaks by standing up straight or bend backwards.
Now, try not to hurt yourself for the next couple days of shoveling. But if you do, come visit us to get the injury taking care of. It could be a quick fix with Kinesio taping. Don't want till it flames up.
Be safe out there!